Wednesday, May 1, 2013

All She Needs


Whiiiiiirrrrrrr. The time machine shook violently, emitting streams of purple smoke. Ms. Serensky and I stepped carefully from behind her desk into the machine we now entrusted with our livelihood.
“Wait, you forgot to add the crystals!” I bellowed at Ms. Serensky. I could not believe her nonchalant attitude on the day of our adventure. Internally, I wondered whether or not she was all in.
“Alrighty let’s venture back to the 60’s to meet my man, Mr. Dan Dreiberg!” Ms. Serensky whispered. “And by the way, I am all in.” There it was, the thing that spooked me about her so badly, her uncanny ability to know the thoughts of everyone within a 250-yard radius of her.
The contraption whiiiiiirrrrrrr-ed again and vibrated even more severely as I felt my insides contract and numb with pain. I felt a rubber tube squeeze me out one nitrogenous nucleotide base at a time. Then it stopped. The sensation gone, we exited the machine to find ourselves in an extravagant room decorated with Youngstown St. pennants and posters of Leonardo DiCaprio.
“Whoooaaaa this place is beyond awesome” Exclaimed Ms. Serensky as she gazed upon Leo’s rugged face.
“Yeah, where are we?” I muttered, feeling frustrated and bewildered simultaneously. We had intended for the time machine to transport us back to 1961 in the Big Apple, but instead, it looked as though we had stumbled into an old English classroom. As I took in my surroundings, a loud knock boomed at the door.
“Oh, that must be Dan” Ms. Serensky nervously squealed. She seemed frighteningly at ease with their surroundings and looked as though she thoroughly understood what had happened. Meanwhile, Dan had just crossed the threshold of the room and gave a rather flirtatious grin that I hoped was in the direction of Ms. Serensky. Nevertheless, she returned his gaze and decided that I needed no introduction for I have so extensively analyzed the man that I even know his childhood inside and out.
“Ms. Serensky… What happened? I thought we decided to go to New York…?” I said anxiously.
“Woops, I forgot to tell you that I changed the destination to my own personal Room of Requirement… Obviously.”
Angry with myself for not recognizing this at once, I resigned myself to further pre-writing for the AP exam in the practice booklets that appeared in excessive amounts throughout the room. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like in this post, you make yourself appear as a pawn of Ms. Serensky's bidding Adam. That surprises me as you never really seemed to strike me as someone who would take a submissive role. Nevertheless I found the ending slightly depressing as I pity your character for resigning himself to do more work after falling for a ruse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Andrew, I sympathize with your character as you submit yourself to the monotonous task of pre-writing. However, I found your inclusion of Leonardo DiCaprio a fitting touch in developing Ms. Serensky's character.

    ReplyDelete