Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Annotate

Dearest Friend, (Pathos, Tone, Implications, Assertion)

To annotate or not to annotate, 'tis the question. 
NO. 'Tis NOT the question. 'Tis a STUPID question. Annotate everything. Would you like to you know why? Because Ms. Serensky diligently checks annotations every single day you DON'T do them. Trust me, personal experience. She checks every summer reading book you don't annotate, and then makes you fight your way back to a solid B after starting academically ineligible! (By the way, I recommend you download this onto a word document so that you may annotate while you read my post). I wish I could re-do my years in AP English with the knowledge that I have now, my reading patterns would go as follows: read, annotate, re-read, re-annotate, annotate my original annotations, annotate my re-annotations, repeat. I concluded from a 99% confidence interval that this is the only way to ensure anything above a 5+ on an in-class essay. However, even if you write a sub-standard essay, Ms. Serensky generously awards gifted annotaters, and one may achieve up to an 86% with mere annotations skills. Make triangles, sqaures, pentagons, and whatever other shape you can imagine around the directions and prompt to exemplify your thorough understanding of the task at hand. Therefore, I leave you with this- Forget to annotate once, shame on you. Forget to annotate twice, F. Thus, if ever faced with the question, to annotate or not to... Don't even think about it. 

Sincerely, 
Adam Shoemaker

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Friend, (Pathos, Tone, Implications, Assertion)

    To annotate or not to annotate, 'tis the question (cliché, fragment, specific tone).
    NO (capitalization, situational irony, not exclamatory). 'Tis NOT the question. 'Tis a STUPID question(Repetition of capitalization, exclamatory mood). Annotate everything(hyperbole, need to include more thoughts and questions). Would you like to you know why? (No not really but I’m required to keep reading) Because Ms. Serensky diligently checks annotations every single day you DON'T do them (I.C. – drama queen, cry about it a little more). Trust me, personal experience (ethos, very convincing). She checks every summer reading book you don't annotate, and then makes you fight your way back to a solid B after starting academically ineligible (exclamation point?, excited about ineligibility)! (By the way, I recommend you download this onto a word document so that you may annotate while you read my post) (I have taken advice for some reason, am I an idiot?). I wish I could re-do my years in AP English with the knowledge that I have now, my reading patterns would go as follows: read, annotate, re-read, re-annotate, annotate my original annotations, annotate my re-annotations, repeat(Amen brother, preach it, straying too far into personal thoughts need more literary devices). I concluded from a 99% confidence interval that this is the only way to ensure anything above a 5+ on an in-class essay (Geez more ethos, claim). However, even if you write a sub-standard essay, Ms. Serensky generously awards gifted annotaters, and one may achieve up to an 86% with mere annotations skills (Assertion, Internal Conflict – should author write sub-par essays). Make triangles, sqaures, pentagons, and whatever other shape you can imagine around the directions and prompt to exemplify your thorough understanding of the task at hand (Juxtaposition in theme, now referring to geometry, attempt at comical tone?). Therefore, I leave you with this- Forget to annotate once, shame on you. Forget to annotate twice, F (more cliché, dude expand your horizon). Thus, if ever faced with the question, to annotate or not to... Don't even think about it (Whoa super threatening, I definitely learned my lesson).

    Sincerely,
    Adam Shoemaker (Does he make shoes?, make sure to look up on Wikipedia)

    ReplyDelete