Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Oracle?


          I sit wedged between the dictionaries day in and day out, vigilantly observing the ongoings of the classroom and the personnel inside. I have staked my mark as the only constant in Ms. Serensky’s room in recent years, well, that and the Youngstown State University pennant that demands respect from all present in the room. Yet many have never taken notice of my presence, I like to think of myself as the all-seeing and all-knowing eye that covertly acts in cahoots with Ms. Serensky, while outwardly appearing neutral. Please, allow me to elaborate on several happenings that I feel need further discussion.
The bee sting. The unforgettable, irreversible incident that makes Ms. Serensky seem even more formidable to incoming students than ever. An accident by chance? Please. I carefully orchestrated the attraction of the bees to the location of the boy’s seat in hopes that one may insert it’s toxin in him. Why you may ask? To discourage any future weaklings from enrolling in the class. I can no longer tolerate immature children, or even worse, immature writers participating. No longer will students that, for example, feel the need to manhandle me walk through the sacred archway. 
  The worst day of my life. I shall not name names, primarily because I do not concern myself with petty matters such as that, however a student one day decided to lift me out of my location of observation and awkwardly run about the room making obscene moans from behind my face. Unless I am very much mistaken, my protegee filmed this absurd action to further my embarrassment and put it on the new social network, “InstaTweet.” Have the students no decency anymore? Do we not respect our elders? I become more and more perturbed by the actions and comments of the students who consider themselves, the elites of English.
Discussions. The time where Ms. Serensky may gauge the student’s mental capacity in a form other than written expression. I quite enjoy monitoring the discussions for many of the students make strange, irrelevant, and/or ignorant comments on the regular. I have yet to discover a pattern for whom makes the strange and irrelevant comments but only Adam seems to make ignorant comments on a daily basis. Nevertheless, similar to Ms. Serensky, I find the daily discussion periods intriguing and can almost seamlessly predict the order of the speakers and whom will contradict whom. 
I chose Ms. Serensky’s room for I believe that she fosters the most debate amongst her students which allows me the best access to see into their minds. I nearly forgot to mention the reason for my diligent observation sessions, ehh perhaps I will wait until the next blog to enlighten you all. John Rydquist out!

No comments:

Post a Comment