Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dear Journal :)

This day has already made me so stressed out and I just woke up uggghhhh!!! In an effort to streamline my efficiency, I have decided to combine my usual morning journal entry and to-do list into a single writing period. Thus, hear we go. First, I need to go practice my oboe immediately after I finish this entry. Ahh my maestro demanded that I master Zelenka's Trio Sonata, and I have not practiced nearly enough this week to complete the task! Yes, I must get a solid two-hour jam session in before I leave for school. On the drive, I will eat, text my mom goodbye, finish up my optional calculus homework, win a scholarship to Ohio State, and operate my stick-shift vehicle that takes my sister and I to school. During my classes, I must sit attentively and take detailed notes which my mum might check later for thoroughness. Lunch? Yeah right. I have not sat down and eaten lunch since Texas. I will rush straight to the library and pick up where I left off today in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary that sits on a podium in the middle of the room. I believe I made it through seigneurial today, I must finish the book before the school year runs out! After "lunch," I will hurry back to class. I can't believe that I had homework in all 9 AP classes I take this year... Ridiculous. It seems as though each teacher believes their subject to hold the most importance! Alas, I silent my protests and will complete the homework anyway. Upon the final bell of the day, I race from the school and never fail to discover my equally stressed-out sister waiting impatiently by the car, tapping her foot. From school I will maneuver the car to Severance Hall for yet another oboe lesson/practice while my sister perfects her own instrument. Then, we will stay for the Cleveland Orchestra Concert that night, once again taking thorough notes on playing techniques before briskly making our way home to polish off the night with some good old homework. I want to finish the week's homework tonight so that I can memorize my beloved Trio Sonata. However, if I have calculated correctly, the clock will then strike 9 o'clock and I will march off to bed so that my hyperactive, extremely intelligent, and stressed brain may relax.


P.S. Good dream about Dan from Watchmen last night ;)




P.P.S. I got to play the role of the Twilight Lady...   =)   :)  :)   ;)

1 comment:

  1. Adam, I laughed out loud at your portrayal of Celene. I, especially, liked your use of smiley faces in the title and in the multiple post scripts. Still, I think you forgot one very, very important detail about Celene's life: her hubby Benny. A day would not seem complete for Celene without talking to her boyfriend of over 8 months (I think) before Calculus class.

    ReplyDelete